Saturday, January 29, 2011

'07 (Estate Grown) Sausal Zinfandel, Alexander Valley




















unWine'd with a pour...

I enjoyed this wine tonight with Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells.  The shells recipe is a recipe that my wife created and it's definitely a favorite of mine - shells, cheese and more cheese, who wouldn't...  I received this bottle directly from the Sausal Winery in the Fall of 2010.  I kept this bottle in my wine cooler until today.  The stuffed shells do have a hint of spiciness but not too much.  I thought the Zin paired well as it has blackberry & dark fruit as well as black cherry on the nose.  The mid-palate has a little white pepper with mild tannins which leads to a nicely balanced, warm, lingering finish.  I would definitely drink this wine again.  Thank you "Sausal" and I look forward to enjoying more of your vino. Cheers to all...




Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells Recipe






































Cheers to all @ Sausal...

1 comment:

  1. An amazing Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells recipe!! Tried at home,my family totally loved it. Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete