Sunday, August 14, 2011

Venge Pinot & Grilled Heart of Romaine with Flat Iron Steak and Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing










unWine'd with a pour...


This Pinot has nice bright red fruit, cherry - raspberry, on the nose with a hint of dark fruit on the mid-palate, maybe even a hint of vanilla - to me.  I like the mild tannins, complexity and the lingering finish of this Pinot.  Great job Venge.  Cheers to all at Venge and bon appetit...


Seasoning the Flat Iron Steak:
Put a light coat of EVOO all over the steak.  Add a couple pinches of Kosher Salt to each side as well as some Cracked Black Pepper.  Next, finely chop 1/2 Tbsp of fresh Rosemary and sprinkle over both sides of the steak.  Lastly, I add a pinch of Smoked Paprika & Ground Cumin to each side.  Now, let that sit a room temp for about one hour prior to grilling.

Grilling the Flat Iron Steak:
I use high heat, 450-500 grill temp which is about 400 - 425 grill surface temp, in my grill.  I brush some EVOO on the grill grates and then place the steak on the grill.  I like my steak Rare+ to Med-Rare so I grill this cut for 4 minutes on each side.  Afterwards, I'll let it sit for about 5 - 7 minutes before I slice the steak, thinly.  Don't over cook this cut of beef.



























No comments:

Post a Comment