Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cotes Du Rhone





















 It's been a couple weeks since I've cork'd a bottle of vino so I decided tonight was a good night to cork a bottle. In my most recent reading about the Cote-d'Or (Southeastern France), I had decided that my next bottle was to be a Nuits St. Georges. So, I stopped by my go-to wine store today and Tim did not have the Nuits. As always, with a backup choice in mind, I decided on Cotes Du Rhone (aka Hills of Rhone). There are many great Pinots grown and produced in this region.
The 2007 Cellier des Chartreux Côtes du Rhône Chevalier d'Anthelme for ~$20 was the bottle I brought home. This wine has a great balance of fruit and earthiness, blending Olde World and New World, on the nose. The mid-palate is earthiness and plum with a great finish. This wine is a Grenache blend and if you're a fan of Pinots, you'll enjoy this wine as well. Think "Chicken Parm."



No comments:

Post a Comment